- This event has passed.
June 3 @ 6:41 AM IST
- This event has passed.
Yoga Nidra Retreat
October 30, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - November 5, 2022 @ 12:00 PM IST
Yoga Nidra is a state of conscious sleep in which one is in deep sleep and yet remains fully conscious. The yogis use this technique for both sleep and meditation. The quality of rest one receives through this method is entirely different from that which is derived through ordinary sleep.
“For decades we have guided the shavasana practices and yoga nidra in sessions where the teacher does the ‘recital’ and others listen and follow. But we have not TAUGHT the procedures.” — Swami Veda Bharati
Guided practices done in shavasana will be taught in proper sequence, leading to different stages of Yoga Nidra, so students can better absorb and assimilate the effects and awareness which the posture and practices have generated.
Under the guidance of senior teachers, some of whom have been practicing for over 30-50 years, this in-person retreat offers a revitalizing practice that gives total rest to the mind, brain, nervous system, senses, and body. Yoga nidra supports and strengthens the meditational technique and can be applied to learning subtleties of life.
To learn more about Yoga Nidra:
- Four States of Yoga Nidra by Swami Veda Bharati
- Defining Yoga-Nidra: Traditional Accounts, Physiological Research, and Future Directions by Swami Veda Bharati, Dr. Stephen Parker (Stoma) and Dr. Manuel Fernandez.
- Yoga Nidra Refined Silence by Swami Veda Bharati
- Mastering Yoga Nidra by Swami Veda Bharati
- Yoga Nidra, Part 1 (video) with Swami Veda Bharati
- Yoga Nidra, Part 2 (video) with Swami Veda Bharati
- Yoga Nidra (video) with Swami Veda Bharati
- My Experiments with Yoga Nidra: Inward Perceptions by Swami Veda Bharati
- A Brief Form of Yoga Nidra by Swami Veda Bharati
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is… “difference between yoga nidra and meditation” by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- A Successful Yoga Nidra Retreat by Dr. Stephen Parker (Stoma)
- Use of Yoga Nidra for Creativity and for Enhancing Intuitive Faculty by Swami Nityamuktananda Saraswati
- After 3 Years of Yoga Nidra by Riccardo Valdettaro
- After Years of Yoga Nidra I Am Moved from the Inside
- Conquering Sleep: The Practice of Yoga Nidra by Randall Krause (Mokshadeva)
Recommended study materials:
- Path of Fire and Light, Volume 2 by Swami Rama
- Enlightenment without God by Swami Rama
- Om the Eternal Witness: Secrets of the Mandukya Upanishad by Swami Rama
- Exercise without Movement as taught by Swami Rama, Vol. 1, by Swami Rama
- Mandukya Upanishad (Video Series) by Swami Rama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWXsj2xZg4&list=PLEF1719C37C7BA62E
- Proving the Power of Meditation, Swami Rama in Probe magazine, 1973: http://www.swamiramasociety.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/swamiramaprobe1973.pdf
- 1973 Britannica Yearbook of Science and the Future, Excerpted from “The Psychic Boom” by Samuel Moffat http://www.swamij.com/pdf/swami-rama-britannica-1973.pdf
- Exercise without Movement audio with Swami Ritavan Bharati
- My Experiments With Yoga Nidra, by Swami Veda Bharati
There are also three audios below. However, Swami Veda has listed prerequisites for these; please see https://www.ahymsin.org/reading-list/
- Advanced Relaxation audio by Swami Veda Bharati
- Yoga Nidra Series audios by Swami Veda Bharati
- OM Kriya audio (as taught by Swami Rama, recorded by Ma Radha Bharati).
The books are available through a number of bookstores; those that are out of print can be found at used bookstores and will come up at sites like Amazon.com. For the audios, please contact Himalayan Yoga Publications Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org